Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tom, McBearty, You're Coolest! My Spotlight of some of the Coolest People I Know!

This Post Dedicated to some of the Coolest People I Meet on the Job!

Tom McBearty and I in the Popsicle. Tom loves mentoring the kids at Thomas Lay Park and he also loves ice cream! One of the Coolest people I know!
On this Thursday, October 2nd, I visited the Thomas L. Park Mentor program. This was not my first time bringing ice cream heaven to the students in the program.  My family and I love going to the center because we like that we are there for students who have earned ice cream treats for their grades, behavior, participation and just for being cool.  We also love it that we get to see our friend, Tom McBearty.  Tom is director of the program and he as been working as a volunteer mentor for about 4 years now.  He loves all the kids there and they love him. Tom, Ms. Margaret and other volunteer mentors spend every school day afternoon with the program participants.  They don't get paid or anything.  They come because they love helping the kids with their homework, showing them new things, and taking them on field trips to see things they have never seen.  I wish I was a part of his program.  Those kids are so lucky to have a mentor like Tom.  And I am lucky to have him as a friend.  Please see some of the great pictures we have taken while visiting Tom, Margaret and the kids at Thomas Lay Park Mentor program.   Beau

Tom, Ms. Margaret,Mentors and Mentees




My mom met someone who shares her birthday! They celebrated together!

No comments:

Post a Comment